Skip to main content

Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Archival resources

Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:

Sandy Bleifer papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 7077
Abstract During her years as a real estate broker and historic preservation advocate in downtown Los Angeles, Sandra Bleifer created and collected a trove of materials documenting the revitalization of downtown in the 1990s and 2000s--decades witnessing an enormous amount of development and gentrification in the city's historic core and neighboring districts. The collection comprises materials on a variety of revitalization projects, plans, and studies undertaken by different organizations and...
Dates: 1990-2010

Edward H. Fickett, FAIA, records

Identifier: 5014

The Edward H. Fickett, FAIA, records primarily contain the archives of the architectural office of noted Los Angeles architect Edward H. Fickett, FAIA. In addition, the collection contains a small set group of Fickett's personal papers.

Dates: 1945 - 2013

Adolf Johnson postcards

 Collection — Box 1
Identifier: 7056

22 postcards depicting buildings and scenes around Los Angeles, including Pasadena, Venice and Burbank, sent to Adolf Johnson in Turlock, California between 1911 and 1913. Scenes include (but are not limited to) various views of downtown Los Angeles (Spring Street at night, Broadway, Central Square), buildings (Hall of Records, California Hospital, the Alexandria Hotel), views of Mount Lowe and Lookout Mountain, and Eastlake Park.

Dates: 1911-1913

Los Angeles Herald Examiner Building photograph album

 Collection — Box 1
Identifier: 7100
Abstract The Los Angeles Herald Examiner Building photograph album contains 171 original silver gelatin print photographs chronicling the construction and dedication of the headquarters for the Los Angeles Examiner--later the Los Angeles Herald Examiner--in downtown Los Angeles. The building was designed by San Francisco architect Julia Morgan in the Mission Revival and Spanish Colonial Revival styles. Architects J. Martyn Haenke and...
Dates: 1913 - 1914

Los Angeles Union Station Collection

Identifier: 0330

The Los Angeles Union Station Collection documents the planning and construction of the historic landmark, as well as the battles that preceded its actual construction. The collection consists of approximately 22 boxes of legal files, blueprints, maps, correspondence, and planning documents regarding one of Los Angeles's most recognizable architectural icons.

Dates: 1913-1969 (bulk 1930s)

R.A. Rowan & Co. records

Identifier: 0373
Abstract R.A. Rowan & Co. was one of the Los Angeles area's earliest and most long-lived real estate development firms, spanning almost a hundred years of the twentieth century. Robert A. Rowan was responsible for founding the company in 1904; the company remained in family hands for many generations until it finally folded in the late 1990s. By then, the original real estate company had expanded into several other ventures including property management, agriculture, insurance, thoroughbred...
Dates: 1904-1999

Michael Several collection on Los Angeles Public Art

Identifier: 0316
Abstract The Michael Several collection on Los Angeles Public Art consists of materials related to public art in Los Angeles. The collection dates from 1903-2000 with the bulk of the materials dating from 1980-2000. The collection includes article clippings, public records, photographs, slides, negatives, memorandums, brochures, art event notices, meeting minutes, project proposals, press releases, and correspondence about public art (murals, paintings, sculptures, etc.) in and around Los Angeles...
Dates: 1903 - 2000; Majority of material found within 1980 - 2000

USC Office of Religious Life Building photographic slides

 Collection — Folder 1: [Barcode: 31275049017933]
Identifier: 5340

Five 35mm photographic slides documenting the early construction of the USC Office of Religious Life Building, 835 W 34th St, Los Angeles, CA 90089. The slides are dated January and March 1965. Pictured is a sign for the excavation company involved in the construction, C. G. Willis & Son. The photographer is unknown.

Dates: 1965