Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract USC alumnus Sidney Eisenshtat was a prolific Los Angeles architect best known for his innovative modern synagogues and Jewish educational buildings, although he also designed many noteworthy commercial structures and schools, as well as residential projects, during his long career spanning from the late 1930s to the early 1980s. In May 1999, USC received his collection of office and personal materials that includes project-related documents, correspondence, drawings, photographs, and ephemera.
Collection — Box: White Box 1
Abstract USC alumnus Carl Maston was an influential Los Angeles mid-century modern architect. Upon graduation, Maston worked for the offices of Floyd Rible, A. Quincy Jones, Fred Emmons, Phil Daniel, and Allied Architects before opening his own office. His homes, shopping centers, military housing units, and university buildings can be found throughout Southern California. Known for his stark, no-frills modern buildings such as the Maston (or Marmont) Residence and Hillside House, his career spanned...
Dates: 1946 - 1989
Abstract USC alumnus Emmet Wemple was an influential landscape architect based in Southern California. Wemple and his firm Emmet L. Wemple & Associates had participated in an impressive array of national and international projects, including those for civic master planning, academic institutions, commercial and retail facilities, hotels, convention centers, museums, libraries, residences, housing developments and recreational facilities. Spanning from the 1960s to 1995, the bulk of the collection...
Dates: 1960 - 1996; Majority of material found within 1970 - 1995
- Repository: USC Libraries Helen Topping Architecture & Fine Arts Library X
- Architecture -- California -- Los Angeles -- History -- Archival resources 2
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century -- Archival resources 2
- Slides (photographs) 2
- Jewish architecture -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources 1
- Landscape architecture -- California, Southern -- History -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- Presentation drawings (proposals) 1
- Renderings (drawings) 1
- Synagogue architecture -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources 1 ∧ less
- Eisenshtat, Sidney 1
- Getty Center (Los Angeles, Calif.) 1
- Getty Villa (Malibu, Calif.) 1
- Maston, Carl 1
- Shulman, Julius 1
- Wemple, Emmet L. (Emmet Leroy) 1 ∧ less