Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The Council of Social Agencies of Los Angeles records consist of meeting minutes, reports, and correspondence and memorandums, 1929-1947, created and collected by this welfare organization. The minutes are primarily those of the Executive Committee, and describe the higher level administrative activites of the Council. The reports consist of summaries of the activities of the various Council divisions, as well as research reports produced by these divisions on such topics as Los Angeles...
Dates: 1929 - 1947
Abstract This collection of scrapbooks originated with Family Service of Los Angeles Area and the Welfare Planning Council. The albums contain clippings regarding adoption; materials on the activities and functions of the Southeast Advisory Council of Family Service; the Welfare Planning Council; and the Neighborhood Youth Association of the Episcopalian Church. Also included is an album celebrating Evelyn Davis' nomination and reception of the Koshland Award. The dates of the scrapbooks' material...
Abstract The Los Angeles Area Federation of Settlements and Neighborhood Centers records consists of correspondence, reports, memorandums, bylaws, and meeting minutes, 1954-1976 (bulk 1965-1967) that document the development and founding, and activities, of this non-profit organization. The conception and incorporation of the federation are very well documented; also included are records pertaining to some of the major programs sponsored by the Federation, including Head Start; and the Federation's...
Dates: 1954 - 1976; Majority of material found within 1965 - 1967
Abstract The Welfare Planning Council, Los Angeles Region, records, consists of correspondence, brochures, minutes, and reports, dated 1939-1974 (bulk 1950s-1960s), that document the activities of the Council in the areas of social welfare planning, research, and development, and the coordination of health, welfare and recreational programs in the Los Angeles area. Material dating before the establishment of the Welfare Planning Council in 1953 covers the Metropolitan Welfare Council's studies regarding...
- Names: Welfare Planning Council, Los Angeles Region X
- Los Angeles (Calif.) -- Social conditions -- Archival resources 3
- Memorandums 3
- Reports 3
- Bylaws (administrative records) 2
- Clippings 2
- Minutes 2
- Adoption -- California -- Archival resources 1
- Ephemera 1
- Mental health planning -- California -- Los Angeles County -- Archival resources 1
- Mental health services -- California -- Los Angeles County -- Archival resources 1
- Nonprofit organizations -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources 1
- Photographs 1
- Public welfare -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources 1
- Public welfare -- California -- Los Angeles County -- Archival resources 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Social service -- Awards -- California -- Archival resources 1
- Social service -- California -- Archival resources 1
- Social service -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources 1
- Social service -- California -- Los Angeles County -- Archival resources 1 ∧ less
- Council of Social Agencies of Los Angeles 1
- Family Service of Los Angeles Area. Southeast Advisory Council 1
- Head Start Program (U.S.) 1
- Los Angeles Area Federation of Settlements and Neighborhood Centers 1
- Los Angeles County (Calif.). Dept. of Children and Family Services 1