Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The collection consists of the administrative records, documentation of actions, and resource materials of the AIDS Coalition To Unleash Power/Los Angeles (ACT UP/LA).The records include minutes, financial records, photographs, press releases, membership materials, newsletters, clippings, fliers, and subject files. Active from 1987 to 1995, ACT UP defined itself as "a grass-roots, democratic, militant, direct action organization dedicated to creating positive changes around AIDS in federal and...
Overview Picket signs created by members of ACT UP/Los Angeles, circa 1987-1996. These signs were displayed during demonstrations and protests organized by ACT UP/Los Angeles to bring attention to the HIV/AIDS epidemic and to advocate for more support services, funding, and medical research.
Dates: circa 1987-1996
Overview Correspondence, arrest and court records, fliers, clippings, and written statements documenting the life of Mark Dyer Rexroad, better known as Mark Kostopoulos. He was a leader of the Lavender Left in New Orleans, who relocated to California to help found ACT UP/Los Angeles and later the ACT UP Network.
- Names: ACT UP Los Angeles (Organization) X
- AIDS activists -- California -- Los Angeles 2
- AIDS (Disease) -- California -- Los Angeles County 1
- AIDS (Disease) -- Government policy -- California -- Los Angeles County 1
- AIDS (Disease) -- Patients -- Medical care 1
- AIDS (Disease) -- Periodicals 1
- Correspondence 1
- Demonstrations -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy -- United States 1
- Picket signs 1 ∧ less
- Kostopoulos, Mark 2
- Bledsoe, Anthony Joseph 1
- Lavender Left (Organization) 1
- Litt, T.L. 1
- Morello, Enric 1