Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Prints from a portfolio "Army and Navy of the United States", depicting various military scenes, primarily soldiers on horseback. The prints are hand colored. Three of the prints include artists signatures--Andre Castaigne and W.S. (William Sullivant Vanderbilt) Allen. They all include copyright dates of 1891 or 1892.
The Ira M. Britton papers consist of letters, photographs, certificates and notebooks created and collected by American serviceman Ira Britton during World War II. Britton served in both the the Royal Canadian Air Force and the United States Navy. Together, the photographs and letters describe the experience of Americans who served in the RCAF.
The Arthur Mansback papers consists of letters, postcards, telegrams, photographs, training materials, and printed ephemera created and collected by Private Arthur Mansback during his tour of duty in the United States Army Expeditionary Forces in France during the second half of 1918. The letters, in conjunction with Mansback's training materials and the postcards he collected, provide a broad overview of the daily life of an American foot soldier during the last months of World War I.
Photograph album created by Capt. Theodore F. Schreier. Photographs depict aviation training at the Hancock College of Aeronautics in Santa Maria, CA, day to day activities of the soldiers, and views of the training grounds.
Scrapbook of photographs, programs, letters, printed ephemera collected by Tec 4 John R. Waters, 17th Airborne Division, United States Army, during his military service in Europe, 1942-1945. Waters served in the Adjutant General's office of the 17th Airborne, and spent time in Texas, Tennessee, and North Carolina; London, France, and Berlin.
- Subject: United States -- Armed Forces -- Military life -- 20th century -- Archival resources X
- Correspondence 4
- Photographs 4
- Soldiers -- United States -- 20th century -- Archival resources 4
- Postcards 2
- Printed ephemera 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Soldiers -- California -- 20th century -- Archival resources 2
- Telegrams 2
- Aeronautics -- History -- Archival resources 1
- Air pilots, Military -- California -- 20th century -- Photographs 1
- Berlin (Germany) -- Photographs 1
- Canada -- Armed Forces -- Military life -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- Certificates 1
- Clippings 1
- Japanese -- Attitudes -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- Notebooks 1
- Prints 1
- Racism -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- Soldiers -- 20th century -- Photographs 1
- Soldiers -- Canada -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- History -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Archival resources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean -- Archival resources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photographs 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Archival resources 1 ∧ less
- Allan Hancock Foundation 1
- Britton, Ira M. 1
- Hancock College of Aeronautics 1
- Mansback, Arthur E. 1
- Schreier, Theodore F. 1