Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Ira M. Britton papers consist of letters, photographs, certificates and notebooks created and collected by American serviceman Ira Britton during World War II. Britton served in both the the Royal Canadian Air Force and the United States Navy. Together, the photographs and letters describe the experience of Americans who served in the RCAF.
Photograph album created by Capt. Theodore F. Schreier. Photographs depict aviation training at the Hancock College of Aeronautics in Santa Maria, CA, day to day activities of the soldiers, and views of the training grounds.
General Leland R. Scofield collection of 143rd Field Artillery and Mexican Revolution documents and photographs
Photographs, documents, and letters from and about Batteries A, B and D of the 143rd Field Artillery, which participated in the U.S. Army campaign against Pancho Villa in northern Mexico in 1916. The items document some of the company's activities in the years leading up to the campaign, and afterwards.
- Subject: Soldiers -- California -- 20th century -- Archival resources X
- Correspondence 2
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Military life -- 20th century -- Archival resources 2
- Aeronautics -- History -- Archival resources 1
- Air pilots, Military -- California -- 20th century -- Photographs 1
- Camp Hopkins (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Archival resources 1
- Canada -- Armed Forces -- Military life -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- Certificates 1
- Letters 1
- Notebooks 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Soldiers -- Arizona -- 20th century -- Photographs 1
- Soldiers -- Canada -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- Speeches 1 ∧ less
- Allan Hancock Foundation 1
- Britton, Ira M. 1
- California. State Militia. 1st Aero Squadron 1
- Carruthers, John F.B., Captain 1
- Hancock College of Aeronautics 1