Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
The Walt Blumoff photographs, 1971-1975, include images of a school bus with religious text, the SPREE (Society of Pat Rocco Enlightened Enthusiasts) float in the 1974 Los Angeles Christopher Street West Parade, Ann Nobel receiving a SPREE award, assorted street protests, male nudes, gay gatherings, Harrison and Tyler performing on stage, the 1973 Gay Freedom Day in San Francisco, and the winners of the 1973 Groovy Stud contest.
Photographic prints, slides, and stereo slides, circa 1950-1974, from photographer Bruce Bellas, better known as Bruce of Los Angeles. Bruce of Los Angeles photographed male bodybuilders beginning in the 1940s and sold his photographs (including nude images) via mail order until his death in 1974.
Nude photographic prints by Dave Eliot from the exhibition "Dave Eliot: Nudes" at A Different Light Bookstore in Santa Monica, California, January 1989.
Photograph album mockups of Roy Dean's books A Time in Eden (1969) and Before the Hand in Man (1972) as well as black-and-white photographic prints used or considered in these or his other books. In addition to his photography, Dean was an actor in theater, television, and film, as well as a writer, director, and stage designer.
Collages, photograph albums, and scrapbooks of the male physique created by Harold L. Dittmer. Dittmer used photographs and clippings approximately from the 1930s to the 1970s.
474 photographic prints and 3910 slides created circa 1964-1969 by male physique photographer Neil Edwards. The collection also includes Edwards' business records, including model releases and notes on models, and erotic drawings and writings.
Photographs produced from the 1930s through 2010 by gay erotic or physique photography studios. The studios named in this collection range from short-lived single person operations to larger corporations.
Slides, transparencies, negatives, photograph prints, contact sheets, DVDs, CDs and other material, circa 1970-2012, from Falcon Studios, one of the largest producers of gay erotic film and publications in the United States. The collection includes original negatives and over 1.5 million slides from Falcon's production files dating back to its earliest productions in the 1970s; as well as slides and photographs from other production companies it acquired during its 40-year history.
VHS videotapes and compact audiocassette tape interviews of David Hurles, founder and proprietor of Old Reliable Tape and Picture Company, conducted by Pat Allen with the assistance of Bill Wyman, September 1998-January 1999. The collection also contains two compilation CD-ROMs of Old Reliable photographs, copyright 1998.
- Subject: Photography of the nude X
- Gay erotic photography 9
- Photography of men 7
- Photographs 6
- Bodybuilding 2
- Gay men 2
- Men photographers -- United States 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Actors -- California -- Los Angeles -- Photographs 1
- Clippings 1
- Demonstrations -- United States 1
- Erotica 1
- Festivals -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gay artists -- United States 1
- Gay bars -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gay clubs -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gay community 1
- Gay erotic films 1
- Gay erotic literature 1
- Gay erotic videos 1
- Gay erotica 1
- Gay liberation movement -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gay men -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gay men -- Social conditions 1
- Gay men -- Societies and clubs 1
- Gay pride parades -- California 1
- Gay rights -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gays -- California -- Los Angeles -- History 1
- Homosexuality -- Law and legislation -- California 1
- Journalism, pictorial 1
- Men's shelters -- California -- Los Angeles -- History 1
- Performing arts -- California -- Los Angeles -- History 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Photographers -- California 1
- Photographers--United States 1
- Singers -- California -- Los Angeles 1 ∧ less
- ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives 2
- Allen, Pat 1
- Dean, Roy 1
- Dittmer, Harold L. 1
- Edwards, Neil 1