Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Correspondence, screenplays, drafts, clippings, photographs, health records and other personal documents relating to gay screenwriter William J. Capobianco (1947-1992), who co-wrote Tenebrae (date unknown) and Medea (1978). The collection includes other screenplays and short story drafts, as well as correspondence with Joe Callahan and David Sherlock. Photographs document the retail store LA Leathers in Los Angeles.
Avengers Motorcycle Club administrative records, subject files on gay and lesbian organizations, and personal papers, 1931-1988, from Richard Denton. Denton worked as a minister and librarian for Presbyterian churches throughout California. In the 1970s he became a member and officer of Avengers, a gay motorcycle club.
Two scrapbooks primarily containing matchbook covers from gay bars thoughout California and Japan, 1961-1981, compiled by Brian Edwards. Also included in the scrapbooks are flyers, invitations, napkins, 3 color photographs, and other memorabilia.
Samuel Kline (1837-1917) was a Boston businessman who retired to San Diego, California in 1902. His papers include his detailed memoirs in which he wrote about his two-hundred-year family history, his childhood in upper New York State, his experiences in the Civil War, and his years in the shoe and leather trades.
Charles Moniz photographs of a Desert Empire Drummer leather event in Palm Springs, California, 1991.
Personal correspondence, photographs, and chainmail clothing designs of Los Angeles resident Peter Thomas, 1961-2003. The photographs include images of friends, family, and gay leather and motorcycle events. Thomas relocated to Los Angeles after being disowned by his father; he worked at the Pacific Design Center and as a professional escort. He died of complications related to AIDS on March 4, 2003.
- Subject: Leather X
- ONE Archives at the USC Libraries, University of Southern California 5
- USC Libraries Special Collections 1
- Gays -- Correspondence 2
- Leather lifestyle 2
- AIDS (Disease) 1
- Bars (Drinking establishments) 1
- Bells 1
- Boston (Mass.) -- History -- Archival resources 1
- Businessmen -- California -- San Diego -- Archival resources 1
- Businessmen -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Archival resources 1
- Christian gays 1
- Correspondence 1
- Gay bars -- California 1
- Gay motorcycle clubs -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gays -- Religious life 1
- Gays' writings, American 1
- Leather 1
- Leather bars 1
- Leather garments 1
- Leather garments industry -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Archival resources 1
- Matchbooks 1
- Memoirs 1
- Photographs 1
- San Diego (Calif.) -- History -- Archival resources 1
- Screenplays 1
- United States -- History -- Archival resources 1 ∧ less
- Capobianco, William J. 1
- Denton, Richard 1
- Edwards, Brian 1
- Kline, Samuel H. 1
- Thomas, Peter 1