Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Publicity, meeting minutes, clippings, flyers, newsletters, organizational statements, correspondence, notes, and member lists documenting the Coalition for Human Rights (San Francisco), founded in 1977 to "represent the community of lesbians and gay men" toward the end of building a society free of "discrimination and oppression based on sex and sexual orientation."
Correspondence, flyers, newsletters, articles, meeting minutes, organizational forms, legal documents, legislation drafts, city council member lists, meeting rosters, clippings and other material documenting the activities, 1977-1990, of the Coalition for Lesbian and Gay Rights (New York). Between 1977 and 1986, the Coalition's primary focus was to secure passage by the New York City Council of legislation prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Press statements, seminar outline, correspondence, photographs, clippings, flyers, legal documents, notes and other material documenting the activities of the Committee for Homosexual Freedom (CHF) in San Francisco, 1969-1980, which protested employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. The collection includes photographs of demonstrations in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
National Gay and Lesbian Task Force collection of Media Reports on Same-sex Marriage, 2004 General Election
Newspaper clippings and printouts of articles on posted to newspaper and other media websites ("WebClips") documenting the political battle over constitutional amendments banning same-sex marriage put before voters in 11 states (Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon and Utah) in the general election of November 2, 2004.
- Gay and lesbian rights -- United States -- California 2
- Democratic Party (Calif.) 1
- Demonstrations 1
- Discrimination in employment 1
- Gay and lesbian rights 1
- Gay liberation movement -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Homosexuality -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Homosexuality -- Social aspects -- United States 1
- Human rights advocacy 1
- Political activists 1
- Same-sex marriage -- United States 1 ∧ less
- California Democratic Council 1
- Coalition for Human Rights (San Francisco) 1
- Coalition for Lesbian and Gay Rights (New York) 1
- Committee for Homosexual Freedom (San Francisco) 1
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force (U.S.) 1