Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection (1963-1971) comprises newspaper clippings, correspondence, notes, manuscripts, a bibliography, a list of gay liberation organizations by state, flyers, and press releases pertaining to various gay liberation organizations collected by Los Angeles gay activist Stanley Brossette.
Founded in 1969, the Gay Liberation Front (GLF) was a loosely structured group of gay rights activists who were interested in the radical sexual liberation for all people. This collection consists of publicity material, photographs, correspondence, clippings, and writings that relate primarily to the Los Angeles group of the Gay Liberation Front.
A manuscript and accompanying CD-ROM, and seven photographs from a 1971 issue of Life Magazine documenting Stan Williams and the Hoover Street Commune, a communal residence for core activists from the Los Angeles Gay Liberation Front.
- Gay liberation movement -- California -- Los Angeles 2
- Clippings 1
- Communal living 1
- Correspondence 1
- Gay activists -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gay community -- California -- Los Angeles County 1
- Gay liberation movement 1
- Gay liberation movement -- United States 1
- Gay press publications 1
- Gay rights -- California 1
- Gays -- Civil rights 1
- Gays -- Correspondence 1
- Gays -- Religious life 1
- Photographs 1
- Photographs -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1 + ∧ less
- Brossette, Stanley R. 1
- Gay Liberation Front (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Williams, Stan 1