Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Publicity, meeting minutes, clippings, flyers, newsletters, organizational statements, correspondence, notes, and member lists documenting the Coalition for Human Rights (San Francisco), founded in 1977 to "represent the community of lesbians and gay men" toward the end of building a society free of "discrimination and oppression based on sex and sexual orientation."
Correspondence, flyers, newsletters, articles, meeting minutes, organizational forms, legal documents, legislation drafts, city council member lists, meeting rosters, clippings and other material documenting the activities, 1977-1990, of the Coalition for Lesbian and Gay Rights (New York). Between 1977 and 1986, the Coalition's primary focus was to secure passage by the New York City Council of legislation prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Press statements, seminar outline, correspondence, photographs, clippings, flyers, legal documents, notes and other material documenting the activities of the Committee for Homosexual Freedom (CHF) in San Francisco, 1969-1980, which protested employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. The collection includes photographs of demonstrations in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Statement of purpose, notes, meeting minutes, photographs, correspondence, flyers, member lists, publicity releases, bylaws, and ephemera documenting activities of the Gay Community Alliance (GCA), 1971-1973. The GCA was established in 1971 as a political organization using "tactics of confrontational politics" to advocate a civil rights agenda for the gay and lesbian community in Southern California.
- Gay and lesbian rights -- United States -- California 4
- Homosexuality -- Political aspects -- United States 3
- Gay and lesbian rights 2
- Homosexuality -- Political aspects 2
- Human rights advocacy 2
- Civil rights -- United States 1
- Civil rights demonstrations 1
- Demonstrations 1
- Discrimination in employment 1
- Gay liberation movement -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gay liberation movement -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Homosexuality -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Homosexuality -- Political aspects -- California -- Los Angeles 1 ∧ less
- Coalition for Human Rights (Los Angeles) 1
- Coalition for Human Rights (San Francisco) 1
- Coalition for Lesbian and Gay Rights (New York) 1
- Committee for Homosexual Freedom (San Francisco) 1
- Gay Community Alliance 1