Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract This collection comprises minutes, meeting agendas, financial records, correspondence, memoranda, reports, press releases, newsletters, publications, legal papers, subject files, notes, photographs, ephemera, and a videocassette relating to the on-going activities of the Lesbian & Gay Rights Chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation of Southern California (ACLU-LGRC), in Los Angeles. The LGRC is the first ACLU chapter in the United States to address the civil rights of gay...
Dates: 1970 - 2004
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract Press releases, notes, memoranda, member and legislator lists, policy statements, administrative records, financial documents, annual reports, correspondence, articles, and clippings documenting activities of the Gay Rights National Lobby, 1976-1985. Conceived of in Chicago in 1975, the Gay Rights National Lobby (GRNL) was "registered in Washington, D.C., as a civil rights lobby dedicated to obtaining federal legislation which will guarantee equal protection under the law to all men and...
- Civil rights -- United States 1
- Gays -- Civil rights 1
- Gays -- Services for 1
- Homosexuality -- Law and legislation -- California 1
- Homosexuality -- Political aspects 1
- American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California 1
- American Civil Liberties Union. Lesbian and Gay Rights Chapter 1
- Davidson, Jon W. 1
- Gay Rights National Lobby 1
- Human Rights Campaign (U.S.) 1