Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, city and state referendums and bills, surveys, clippings, notes, campaign donation records, and flyers documenting the gay rights activism of James Boone and Joseph Bocuzzo, 1977-1991. The collection primarily details the effort from 1985-1989 to implement and defend a City of Irvine human rights ordinance which prohibited discrimination based on sexual orientation.
Organizational records, meeting agenda and minutes, reports, correspondence, political campaign records, bylaws, clippings and other material, 1986-1993, from Orange County AIDS activist, Dennis Cabaret. The collection includes material from the Lobby for Individual Freedom and Equality (LIFE AIDS Lobby), the Log Cabin Republican Club, the Elections Committee of the County of Orange (ECCO), and other gay and AIDS activist organizations.
Photographs, clippings, programs, flyers, pamphlets, event tickets, postcards, correspondence, event invitations, certificates of appreciation and completion, and fundraising records created and/or compiled by Harold "Mac" McCarthy, 1987-2007. The collection primarily documents NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt events in Washington, D.C., and Southern California, and to a lesser extent, AIDS Walk Orange County and the Elections Committee of the County of Orange (ECCO).
- AIDS (Disease) -- Law and Legislation -- California 2
- Gays -- Political activity 2
- AIDS activists 1
- Democratic Party (Calif.) 1
- Gay community 1
- Gay rights -- California 1
- Gays -- Law and legislation 1
- Homosexuality -- Law and legislation -- California 1
- Jewish lesbians 1
- Lesbian activists 1
- Photographs 1
- Political action committees 1
- Republican Party (Calif.) 1
- Women political activists 1 ∧ less
- Bocuzzo, Joseph 1
- Boone, James L. 1
- Cabaret, Dennis 1
- Eleanor Roosevelt Democratic Club 1
- Elections Committee of the County of Orange 1