Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
California March on Sacramento for Lesbian and Gay Rights records
Records created or collected by the Los Angeles Committee for the March on Sacramento regarding the California March on Sacramento for Lesbian and Gay Rights on January 13, 1980. The march goals focused on the passage of employment protection legislation for lesbian and gay people, primarily through assembly bill AB-1, and the cessation of violence against lesbian and gay people in society.
Gay Community Alliance Collection
Statement of purpose, notes, meeting minutes, photographs, correspondence, flyers, member lists, publicity releases, bylaws, and ephemera documenting activities of the Gay Community Alliance (GCA), 1971-1973. The GCA was established in 1971 as a political organization using "tactics of confrontational politics" to advocate a civil rights agenda for the gay and lesbian community in Southern California.
Barbara Gittings and Frank Kameny picket sign collection
Seven picket signs from the earliest public demonstrations in the United States advocating for gay and lesbian rights, organized by Frank Kameny and Barbara Gittings, among others. The original protests and subsequent "Annual Reminder" demonstrations were held in Washington, D.C., New York City, and Philadelphia from 1965-1969, and were attended by east coast members of the Mattachine Society, Janus Society, and Daughters of Bilitis.
March on Sacramento records
Meeting minutes, notes, logistical information, and flyers regarding the March on Sacramento in June 1971. Troy Perry, as chairman of the Committee for Sexual Law Reform, led the march from San Francisco to Sacramento to protest discriminatory California laws against gay and lesbian people.
National March for Lesbian/Gay Rights records
Clippings, flyers, pamphlets, logistical information, mass mailings, lists of names, correspondence, and planning records for the National March for Lesbian/Gay Rights in San Francisco on July 15, 1984.
National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights, October 11, 1987, records
Administrative, financial, programmatic and follow-up records of the national office of the March on Washington for Gay and Lesbian Rights, held on October 11, 1987.
National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights records
Records created or collected by the Los Angeles March on Washington Committee regarding the National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights, 1978-1979. The National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights was a grassroots effort to bring together gay and lesbian people and their supporters from across the nation to execute a celebration and demonstration in Washington, D.C., on October 14, 1979.
Alice Overton papers
The Alice Overton papers consists of reports, publications, clippings, correspondence, printed ephemera, 1930-1987, that documents Alice Overton's career as a social worker and as a social activist. The holdings are especially strong for the 1950s and the 1960s.
Karen Peper video recordings
Video recordings (1979-2005) from filmmaker and attorney, Karen Peper, documenting a variety of LGBT-related events from the 1980s to the early 2000s, particularly LGBT community activities in Michigan. The collection includes footage from the Marches on Washington for LGBT rights, Gay Games events, the national tour of the NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt, lesbian weddings, protest demonstrations, pride parades, and other events.
- Subject: Civil rights demonstrations X
- ONE Archives at the USC Libraries, University of Southern California 8
- USC Libraries Special Collections 1
- Civil rights demonstrations 3
- Gay liberation movement -- United States 3
- Civil rights demonstrations -- California -- Sacramento 2
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Washington (D.C.) 2
- Gay liberation movement -- California 2
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Alabama -- Montgomery -- Archival resources 1
- Civil rights demonstrations -- California -- San Francisco 1
- Clippings 1
- Discrimination in employment 1
- Gay Games 1
- Gay activists 1
- Gay and lesbian rights -- United States -- California 1
- Gay athletes 1
- Gay liberation movement -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gay pride parades 1
- Gay rights -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Hate crimes -- Michigan 1
- Homosexuality -- Political aspects 1
- LGBT community centers -- Michigan 1
- Lesbian activists -- Michigan 1
- Lesbian athletes 1
- Lesbian rights -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- March on Washington for Lesbian, Gay, and Bi Equal Rights and Liberation (1993: Washington, D.C.) 1
- NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt 1
- National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights (2nd : 1987 : Washington, D.C.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Picket signs 1
- Publications 1
- Reports 1
- Same-sex marriage 1
- Social group work -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources 1
- Social group work -- United States -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- Social service -- United States -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1 + ∧ less
- National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights 2
- California March on Sacramento for Lesbian and Gay Rights 1
- Committe for Sexual Law Reform (Los Angeles) 1
- Family Centered Project (Saint Paul, Minn.) 1
- Gay Community Alliance 1