Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Two scrapbooks primarily containing matchbook covers from gay bars thoughout California and Japan, 1961-1981, compiled by Brian Edwards. Also included in the scrapbooks are flyers, invitations, napkins, 3 color photographs, and other memorabilia.
Financial statements, medical service receipts, correspondence, articles, flyers, eulogy texts, clippings, photograph, donation records and other material from the National New Orleans Memorial Fund (NNOMF), 1973-1974. The NNOMF was established in Los Angeles in 1973 to provide medical assistance and other support for victims of a fire that killed 32 patrons of a bar popular with the New Orleans gay and lesbian community.
Menus from restaurants and bars, which presumably catered to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) clientele, circa 1960-2000. The majority of the restaurants represented in this collection were located in Los Angeles, California; others were located in San Francisco, New York City, and San Diego.
- Subject: Bars (Drinking establishments) X
- Gay bars -- California -- Los Angeles 2
- AIDS (Disease) -- United States 1
- Bartenders 1
- Gay activists 1
- Gay activists -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Gay bars -- California 1
- Gays -- Services for 1
- Leather bars 1
- Lesbian activists -- United States 1
- Matchbooks 1
- Menus 1
- Restaurants -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources 1 ∧ less
- Aid for AIDS, Inc. 1
- Edwards, Brian 1
- Freitas, Stan 1
- National New Orleans Memorial Fund 1
- Southern California Gay Bartenders Association 1