Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Aviation memorabilia, photographs, newspaper clippings; first day airmail covers (stamped envelopes). Arthur Beggs (USC graduate) was a pioneer of air transportation on West Coast. He was general sales manager for Western Air 1928-1935. In 1935 he became sales manager for American Airlines.
Photographs, correspondence, ephemera pertaining to the history of Western Air Lines (Western Air Express). Charles N. James (a.k.a. James James, Jimmy James) flew the first Air mail run with Fred Kelly from Salt Lake to LA in seven hours, in 1926. He was a pilot for Western Air Express and later Vice-President in charge of operations at Western Airlines (1938-1950). He then became Security Manager with Bendix West Coast Division.
Extensive collection of air cargo labels, mounted in albums and loose.
The collection consists of Cussen's personal scrapbook pages, books and photographs pertaining to the commercial aeronautic industry from the 1930s to the 1950s, and a collection of World War I & II war effort posters and maps.
Clippings and scrapbooks. Julian S(k)ykes was a World War aviator and employee of Air Mail service. Later he became Fenger High School Aviation Director.
- Ephemera 6
- Aeronautics 5
- Photographs 4
- Correspondence 3
- Aeronautics, Military -- Archival resources 2
- Books 2
- United States -- History -- Archival resources 2
- Aeronautics -- History -- Archival resources 1
- Aeronautics, Commercial -- Freight -- Archival resources 1
- Aeronautics, Commercial -- United States -- History -- Archival resources 1
- Air charter contracts -- Archival resources 1
- College presidents -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources 1
- Engineering 1
- Industrial management -- Archival resources 1
- Los Angeles (Calif.) -- History -- Archival resources 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Posters 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Reports 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American -- 20th century -- Archival resources 1
- Transcontinental flights -- Archival resources 1
- Transportation -- Archival resources 1
- Universities and colleges -- History -- Archival resources 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States -- Archival resources 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Archival resources 1 ∧ less
- University of Southern California 2
- Cussen, George T. 1
- Flying Tiger Line 1
- Hubbard, John R. (John Randolph), 1918-2011 1
- Los Angeles International Airport 1