Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The collection consists of the administrative records, documentation of actions, and resource materials of the AIDS Coalition To Unleash Power/Los Angeles (ACT UP/LA).The records include minutes, financial records, photographs, press releases, membership materials, newsletters, clippings, fliers, and subject files. Active from 1987 to 1995, ACT UP defined itself as "a grass-roots, democratic, militant, direct action organization dedicated to creating positive changes around AIDS in federal and...
Overview Correspondence, arrest and court records, fliers, clippings, and written statements documenting the life of Mark Dyer Rexroad, better known as Mark Kostopoulos. He was a leader of the Lavender Left in New Orleans, who relocated to California to help found ACT UP/Los Angeles and later the ACT UP Network.
- AIDS (Disease) -- California -- Los Angeles County 1
- AIDS (Disease) -- Government policy -- California -- Los Angeles County 1
- AIDS (Disease) -- Patients -- Medical care 1
- AIDS (Disease) -- Periodicals 1
- AIDS activists -- California -- Los Angeles 1
- Bledsoe, Anthony Joseph 1
- Lavender Left (Organization) 1
- Litt, T.L. 1
- Morello, Enric 1
- Niggli, Jim 1