Collection on Max Reinhardt
Scope and Contents
This collection contains materials related to the work of Austrian theater and film director Max Reinhardt (1873-1943) including European set plans and a few papers, dating from circa 1910s-1930s, and a scrapbook of memorabilia from Reinhardt’s 1927-1928 New York repertory theater season.
- approximately 1910s-approximately 1930s
- Reinhardt, Max, 1873-1943 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Advance notice required for access.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Head of the Music Library. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Music Library as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
Rights Statement for Archival Description
Finding aid description and metadata are licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Biographical / Historical
Max Reinhardt (1873-1943) was an Austrian theater and film director.
3.9 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection contains materials related to the work of Austrian theater and film director Max Reinhardt (1873-1943) including European set design plans and some papers, dating from circa 1910s-1930s, and a scrapbook of memorabilia from Reinhardt’s 1927-1928 New York repertory theater season.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Provenance unknown. The scrapbook has a University of Southern California bookplate: "From the library of Max Reinhardt."
This collection is unprocessed.
- Actors -- Photographs
- Actors -- Pictorial works
- Reinhardt, Max, 1873-1943 -- Archives
- Set design drawings
- Set designers -- Germany -- Archival resources
- Theater -- Austria -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Theater -- Germany -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Theater -- New York (State) -- New York -- Archival resources
- Theaters -- Stage-setting and scenery -- Archival resources
- Finding aid for the collection on Max Reinhardt
- Minimally Processed
- Diann Benti
- 2021 October
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description