Charles Gary Allison collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the production papers, photographs, video tapes, and clippings of American screenwriter and film producer Charles Gary Allison (1938-2008). These papers include scripts, schedules, contracts, set plans, film stills, and information needed for production. Allison wrote and produced "Fraternity Row" (1977) and the miniseries "The First Olympics: Athens 1896" (1984).
- Majority of material found within 1970s-1990s
- Allison, Charles Gary (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Advance notice required for access.
Rights Statement for Archival Description
Finding aid description and metadata are licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Cinematic Arts Library at email@example.com. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Cinematic Arts Library as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
Biographical / Historical
Charles Gary Allison (1938-2008) was an American screenwriter and film producer. He wrote and produced "Fraternity Row" (1977) and "The First Olympics: Athens 1896" (1984). Allison attended the University of Southern California starting in 1973 to obtain two master's degrees in cinema production and professional writing and a Ph.D. in Philosophy.
13.25 Linear Feet (11 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of the production papers, photographs, video tapes, and clippings of American screenwriter and film producer Charles Gary Allison (1938-2008).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of the estate of Charles Gary Allison, June 13, 2008.
This collection is unprocessed.
- Allison, Charles Gary -- Archives
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Film sets -- Photographs
- Film stills
- Legal documents
- Motion picture producers and directors -- Archival resources
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction -- Archival resources
- Motion pictures -- Setting and scenery -- Archival resources
- Schedules (time plans)
- Screenwriters -- United States -- Archival resources
- Finding aid for the Charles Gary Allison collection
- Marissa Chavez for History Associates Incorporated
- 2022 April
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the USC Libraries Cinematic Arts Library Repository
Doheny Memorial Library G4
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles California 90089-0185 United States