USC Festival 125th Celebration photographs
The University of Southern California, which first opened its doors on October 6, 1880 to 53 students, is the oldest independent teaching and research university in the West, and the first university founded in Southern California. By 2005, USC had grown into a world-class research university with 32,000 students from every state and more than 130 nations and had become the largest private employer in Los Angeles.
To commemorate its 125th anniversary in 2005, USC embarked on a two-year project called Inventing the Future; Honoring the Past which involved a series of scholarly projects and events including a major international conference in the spring of 2006 examining the future of higher education.
This collection of five photograph albums and set of posters documents some of the events which occurred in September and October of 2005 including a concert featuring Itzhak Perlman and Norman Krieger, the dedication of the fountain off of Pardee Way, a reading by USC professor and author T.C. Boyle, and many other events and speakers..
- University of Southern California (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE: Advance notice required for access.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Manuscripts Librarian. Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
4.5 Linear Feet (3 flat boxes; 2 cardboard tubes)
Language of Materials
The collection is unprocessed.
- Boyle, T. Coraghessan -- Photographs
- Diamond, Michael A. -- Photographs -- Archives
- Nikias, Chrysostomos L. -- Photographs -- Archival resources
- Perlman, Itzhak, 1945- -- Photographs -- Archives
- Photograph albums
- Sample, Steven B., 1940-2016 -- Photographs -- Archives
- USC Thornton School of Music -- Archives
- University of Southern California -- Anniversaries
- University of Southern California. Trojan Marching Band -- Archives
- Villaraigosa, Antonio, 1953- -- Photographs -- Archival resources
- Finding Aid for the USC Festival 125th Celebration photographs
- Jacqueline Morin
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the USC Libraries Special Collections Repository
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles California 90089-0189 United States