Phrateres, Rho Chapter, scrapbook
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a scrapbook from the sorority Phrateres, Rho Chapter, at the University of Southern California. This scrapbook includes telegrams, invitations, ephemera, clippings, photographs, a journal publication, drawings, and correspondence.
- Majority of material found within 1930s-1940s
- Phrateres International. Rho Chapter (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Advance notice required for access.
Rights Statement for Archival Description
Finding aid description and metadata are licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Department of Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org. Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
Biographical / Historical
Phrateres is a college sorority that was formed in 1924 as a social club for women students who lived off campus and were not part of the sorority system. Widespread interest in the group led to expansion into many chapters focused on the western coast of the United States and in Canada.The Rho chapter of the group was formed in 1942.
1.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of a scrapbook from the sorority Phrateres, Rho Chapter, at the University of Southern California.
This collection is unprocessed.
- Admission tickets
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Greek letter societies -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources
- Journals (periodicals)
- Phrateres International. Rho Chapter -- Archives
- Printed ephemera
- Universities and colleges -- California -- Los Angeles -- History -- Archival resources
- Universities and colleges -- Students -- Archival resources
- Finding aid for the Phrateres, Rho Chapter, scrapbook
- Marissa Chavez for History Associates Incorporated
- 2022 April
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the USC Libraries Special Collections Repository
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles California 90089-0189 United States