Jon Miller papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the papers of Jon Miller, a senior research associate and professor emeritus of sociology at the University of Southern California. These papers include grant applications for research and studies, notes and lecture information, bibliographies, newspapers, invoices, and correspondences.
- Majority of material found within 1960s-1990s
- Miller, Jon, 1940- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Advance notice required for access.
Rights Statement for Archival Description
Finding aid description and metadata are licensed under an Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Department of Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org. Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
Biographical / Historical
Jon Miller is a senior research associate at the Center for Religion and Civic Culture and professor emeritus of sociology at the University of Southern California. Miller’s books include: Pathways in the Workplace: The Effects of Race and Gender on Access to Organizational Resources (1986); The Social Control of Religious Zeal: A Study of Organizational Contradictions (1994); and Missionary Zeal and Institutional Control: Organizational Contradictions in the Basel Mission on the Gold Coast, 1828-1917 (2003).
8.313 Linear Feet (8 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of the papers of Jon Miller, a senior research associate and professor emeritus of sociology at the University of Southern California.
This collection is unprocessed.
- Grants and funding -- Archival resources
- Lectures and lecturing -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources
- Miller, Jon, 1940- -- Archives
- Research grants -- Archival resources
- Sociology -- Research -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources
- Sociology -- Study and teaching -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources
- Universities and colleges -- Research grants -- Periodicals
- Finding aid for the Jon Miller papers
- Marissa Chavez for History Associates Incorporated
- 2022 July
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the USC Libraries Special Collections Repository
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles California 90089-0189 United States