USC Presidential Inauguration ephemera
The University of Southern California began as a mustard field in what was then "West" Los Angeles with a class of 53 students and 12 teachers. Its first president was Marion Bovard who served the university from 1880 to 1891. As of 2017, there have been ten more Presidents after Bovard, with Rufus B. von KleinSmid (1921-1947) serving the longest.
This small collection consists of invitations, programs, lists of attendees, and other ephemera pertaining to the inaugurations of three of USC's past presidents: Norman Topping (1958-1970), Rufus B. Von KleinSmid (1921-1947), and James H. Zumberge (1980-1991).
- 1922 - 1981
- University of Southern California (Corporate Entity)
Conditions Governing Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE: Advance notice required for access.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Manuscripts Librarian. Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
- College presidents -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources
- Kleinsmid, Rufus Bernhard von, 1875-1964 -- Archives
- Printed ephemera
- Topping, Norman, 1908-1997 -- Archives
- University of Southern California -- Presidents
- Zumberge, James Herbert -- Archives
- Finding Aid for the USC Presidential Inauguration ephemera
- Jacqueline Morin
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the USC Libraries Special Collections Repository
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles California 90089-0189 United States