Winifred Smith papers
Winifred Smith was the coordinator of Field Instruction and a lecturer in the School of Social Welfare at the University of California, Los Angeles, during the 1960s and 1970s. The small collection consists of copies of Smith's lectures and unpublished papers in the field of social work, in addition to those of other authors and lecturers. Subjects range from psyciatric consultation in social work agencies to models for field instruction; and curricula design in schools of social work. Included in the papers are two folders of correspondence, agendas, and ephemera related to the Western Conference on Curriculum Design for Social Welfare Administration-- a conference jointly sponsored by the University of Southern California and the University of Washington, Seattle. It was the first of its kind and held in May of 1976 in San Francisco.
- Smith, Winifred (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE: Advance notice required for access.
Conditions Governing Use
The use of archival materials for on-site research does not constitute permission from the California Social Welfare Archives to publish them. Copyright has not been assigned to the California Social Welfare Archives, and the researcher is instructed to obtain permission from the copyright holder to quote from or publish manuscripts in the CSWA's collections.
0.21 linear foot. (1 box)
Language of Materials
The collection is unprocessed.
- Fieldwork (Educational method) -- Archival resources
- Psychiatric social work -- United States -- Archival resources
- Schools of social work -- Faculty -- Archival resources
- Smith, Winifred -- Archives
- Social work education -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources
- University of California, Los Angeles. School of Social Welfare -- Archives
- Women social workers -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources
- Finding Aid for the Winifred Smith papers
- Jacqueline Morin and Sue Luftschein
- 2018 May
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the USC Libraries Special Collections Repository
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles California 90089-0189 United States