Caltrans District 7 records
Scope and Content
The records contain planning reports produced by or for a variety of Californian transportation planning commissions, including the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and the Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG). Topics covered by the reports include highway planning, the recovery from the 1994 Northridge earthquake, local transit, vehicle emissions, and commutes.
- 1959 - 1995
- Majority of material found within 1970 - 1990
- California. Dept. of Transportation. District 7 (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE. Advance notice required for access. Consult finding aid for additional information.
Conditions Governing Use
The collection contains published reports; researchers are reminded of the copyright restrictions imposed on previously published works. It is the responsibility of researchers to acquire permission from publishers when reusing such materials. The copyright to unpublished materials beongs to the heirs of the writers. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository and the copyright holder.
District 7 of the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is responsible for the building and maintenance of the state highway system in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. The Department's mission is to improve mobility across California and District 7 has the second largest workforce of the 12 Caltrans statewide districts. It employs most of its people in construction and maintenance. Caltrans District 7 is responsible for 915 miles in Los Angeles County and 273 miles in Ventura County spread over 42 freeways and highways.
6.67 Linear Feet (6 boxes)
Language of Materials
The records contains reports either used or created by the District 7 office of the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). Caltrans District 7 is responsible for the planning, construction and maintenance of over 1000 highway and freeway miles in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.
The Caltrans District 7 records were donated by employees of the Regional Transportation Planning Office, Travel Forecasting Branch, Caltrans District 7.
- California, Southern -- Transportation -- Archival resources
- California. Dept. of Transportation. District 7 -- Archives
- Earthquake damage -- California, Southern -- Archival resources
- Highway planning -- California, Southern -- Archival resources
- Local transit -- California, Southern -- Archival resources
- Northridge Earthquake, Calif., 1994 -- Archival resources
- Transportation -- California -- San Francisco Bay Area -- Archival resources
- Transportation -- California, Southern -- Archival resources
- Transportation -- Planning -- Archival resources
- Finding aid of the Caltrans District 7 records
- Rebecca Hirsch
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- The processing of this collection and the creation of this finding aid was funded by the generous support of the National Historic Publications and Records Commission.
Part of the USC Libraries Special Collections Repository
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles California 90089-0189 United States