Dorothy and Eugene Tubbesing USC football memorabilia collection
Scope and Contents
A collection of USC football memorabilia and keepsakes, along with two photograph albums, collected by Dorothy and Eugene Tubbesing. Following is a transcription of a partial inventory of the collection provided by the donors.
- USC/Olympics pins in display case.
- USC Football bourbon decanter, four matching glasses and a football shaped bottle top.
- Gene Tubbesing's game day bat with pins.
- USC Christmas ornaments.
- Bag of assorted game day pins, including "Pluck a duck" (University of Oregon) and "Fight on or haul ass (He's Back / USC / Coach John Robinson)."
- Two USC Santa Hats.
- USC/Notre Dame 1994 paper weight.
- Dorothy Rounsavell-Tubbesing 1949 USC Gamma Phi Beta beer stein.
- USC Trojan Marching Band booster pin
- USC door hanger to replace "sock on door."
- USC Football wall hanger.
- Signed football by USC 1989 Rose Bowl team.
- Four USC/Notre Dame "Fight is on" bourbon glasses.
- Photograph album documenting a 1998 USC band trip to Spain and Portugal with pre-trip paperwork ["1998 U.S.C. Band Iberian Peninsula Tour"].
- Photograph album labeled "USC / 1982 Main Passage" -- organized through the USC General Alumni Association.
- 1949 - 1998
- Tubbesing, Dorothy Ann (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE. Advance notice required for access.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Manuscripts Librarian. Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
3 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
A collection of USC football memorabilia and keepsakes, along with two photograph albums, assembled by Dorothy and Eugene Tubbesing. Items in the collection include a football signed by the USC 1989 team at the Rose Bowl, USC/Notre Dame "Fight is on" bourbon glasses, Christmas ornaments, game day pins, and a photograph album documenting a 1998 USC Trojan Marching Band trip to Spain and Portugal. Dorothy Ann Rounsavell graduated from USC in the late 1940s and married Eugene J. Tubbesing in 1953. Dorothy and Eugene were USC football season ticket holders.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Kathleen Loomis-Tubbesing and John Tubbesing, February 10, 2021
The collection is minimally processed.
- Buttons (information artifacts)
- College athletes -- California -- Los Angeles -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- College sports -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Cultural artifacts
- Football -- History -- Archival resources
- Football fans -- California -- Los Angeles -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Marching bands -- California -- Los Angeles -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Photograph albums
- School sports -- California -- Los Angeles -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Souvenirs (Keepsakes) -- California -- Los Angeles -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Tubbesing, Dorothy Ann -- Archives
- Tubbesing, Eugene J. -- Archives
- University of Southern California. Trojan Marching Band -- Photographs
- Finding aid for the Dorothy and Eugene Tubbesing USC football memorabilia collection
- Bo Doub
- 2021 February
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the USC Libraries Special Collections Repository
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles California 90089-0189 United States