John S. Odell papers
The John S. Odell papers, 1982-2009, consists of correspondence, reports, and memorandums, created and collected by Dr. John Odell as a result of his roles as faculty and administrator at USC's School of International Relations. The papers document Odell's involvement in the administration of the Center for International Studies, the School's Ph.D. programs, internal review of the School, and grants and grant funding, among other topics.
- Odell, John S., 1945- (Person)
- University of Southern California. Center for International Studies (Organization)
- University of Southern California. School of International Relations (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE. Advance notice required for access.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Manuscripts Librarian. Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
2 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
English, Old (ca.450-1100)
Institutional papers of John Odell, Ph.D. in political science in 1976, University of Wisconsin-Madison. He was a member of Harvard University's faculty from 1976 through 1982. Since 1982, Odell has taught and written at the University of Southern California, where he is Professor of International Relations Emeritus today. From 2009 to 2012 he was Director of the School of International Relations. From 1989 to 1992, he directed USC's Center for International Studies.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of John Odell, August 9, 2018.
The collection is unprocessed.
- International relations -- Study and teaching -- Archival resources
- Odell, John S., 1945- -- Archives
- Universities and colleges -- California -- Los Angeles -- Archival resources
- University of Southern California -- Faculty
- University of Southern California. Center for International Studies -- Archives
- University of Southern California. School of International Relations -- Archives
- Finding aid for the John S. Odell papers
- Sue Luftschein
- 2018 October
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the USC Libraries Special Collections Repository
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles California 90089-0189 United States