German theater and movie programs
Scope and Content
The collection consists predominantly of theater, cabaret, opera, and movie programs, 1929-1937, from European German-speaking countries along with a small number from New York City and Prague, Czechoslovakia. The largest number is from Berlin, but other German towns, as well as Vienna and Zurich, are represented. Also included is a small number of German film magazines. The programs reflect cultural life in both the last years of the Weimar Republic and the early years of Nazi rule.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE. Advance notice required for access.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Manuscripts Librarian. Permission for publication is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical material and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
1 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
The collection consists predominantly of theater, cabaret, opera, and movie programs from European German-speaking countries, 1929-1937.
The finding aid is arranged by theater (if known) and by city (if known), with entries for each program listing title of work (music, play, or film if known) and author/composer/director (if known)
The USC Cinema and Television Library received the collection of the periodical, Film-Kurier.
Original inventory compiled by Robert J. Rohrbacher.
- Motion pictures -- Germany -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Music-halls (Variety-theaters, cabarets, etc.) -- Germany -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Opera -- Austria -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Opera -- Germany -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Programs (documents)
- Theater -- Austria -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Theater -- Germany -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Theater -- Switzerland -- 20th century -- Archival resources
- Finding aid for the German Theater and Movie programs
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the USC Libraries Special Collections Repository
Doheny Memorial Library 206
3550 Trousdale Parkway
Los Angeles California 90089-0189 United States